Friday, October 3, 2008

While I'm here in Texas......

It's been a few weeks-ish since my last update on the family. I'm currently in Dallas, Texas at the MOPS Convention, so it'll be just a quick one today.

The kids are doing well, or so I've heard through Hubby and the babysitter since Tuesday. It's so wierd how badly I need to and want to get away, but then when I have the chance, I spend the entire time not only missing them all but wishing I was with them. Aaaahhh. I'll be home on Sunday for kisses and stories and maybe we can all sleep together Sunday night. Hey now, I know I'm not the only one.....

Last night and this morning I and my friends from my group, Andi and Heather, along with the 4,000+ other MOPS women here at convention, worshipped with Kim Hill, Jaci Valesquez, and Nic Gonzales. Unbelievable! We also got to get funky with a FABULOUS kid's music group, Go Fish (http://www.gofishkids.net/cms/). If you haven't heard of them, you need to get their CD's. Their motto is to make kids' music with Bible teachings that won't make parents go insane. It's great music! Their new album is called "Party Like a Preschooler." You gotta get it.....


Updates on our family & friends:
Hubby's grandma is doing well. Liz is taking full-time care of her and they are taking it day by day right now with therapy and recovery.

Nico went home after about a week post surgery. The scans show all the brain tumor was removed successfully, Praise the Lord! The tumor is malignant so he's preparing for chemo and radiation.

Hubby's cousin had her surgery yesterday and she's doing well. Her tumor was successfully removed doesn't require further treatment. Huge answer to prayer!

My cousins's baby also had her surgery on the 29th. The tumor and her tailbone were removed, and they're waiting for results and for her recovery.

Our first MOPS meeting is on Tuesday. We hope we're ready! hee hee We know we're ready but you know....all those details.....Our tables are full and we do have 10 MOPPETTS workers for Tuesday most of whom--maybe all--where's that list?--have volunteered to help full time.

My schedule doesn't seem so hectic (or at least it didn't last week when I was "using" it.) That's a great answer to my prayers.


At a class this morning, I was again reminded of
1 Thess. 5:17 to "Pray without ceasing." Amazing.

I miss my husband and kids......


2 comments:

sarah said...

love your blog! you look the same as you did in high school!

the millers said...

great blog jason and kristina... glad you linked it... looks like you are both doing well and the kids are adorable... we love the blog thing and update ours as often as we can...

sounds like your family is busy, but we should try to get together sometime... come to our place for dinner and we could laugh at old stories and new ones...

good to see you guys here...

mark miller

p.s. we will also pray for you all and the request you listed...