Thursday, October 23, 2008

Evidence of a Good Day

I'm sure I'm not the only parent that wants to know what goes on at school each day. When I pick up Pumpkin from school, I want to drill him with questions ~ What did you do today? Who did you play with? What did you learn? However, I learned during the first year of pre-school that Spanish Inquisition style questionning does not work. So I try different tactics in order to get a glimpse into his little world away from mommy.

Today's format began with:
Name 5 things that happened today that
were fun, and verbatum he answered:

#1 Football
#2 Art
#3 Another game of football
#4 Playing Star Wars characters
#5 Not having the bully pick on me at recess

I laughed out loud at the innocence of the answers regarding recess, was happy about comment #5 as the situation seems to be improving, and continue to wonder ~ with a giggle ~ when his answers will contain anything to do with actual schooling.
Actually what struck me more than his cute answers for love of football, were his jeans. Seriously? I'm quite sure he brought home more dirt today than he left on the playing field. But aside from being a laundry nightmare, his jeans were evidence of a good day. A fun day. The best kind of day I can hope for my little boy.
And as any good scrapbooker would do, upon entering our house, I sat him down to photograph the evidence.
I love you Pumpkin! You can come home with seriously dirty jeans any day.

4 comments:

Fruitful Harvest said...

HI Kristina~
Great post! With 4 boys here, I've have my share of dirty pants. It usually washes out~no expensive pants here.

Peace in Christ,
Georgiann

the millers said...

if there is football AND no fights... thats a great day...

anyways... pants are made for getting dirty...(arnt they?)

mm

sarah said...

this reminds me of the quote, "boys are noise with dirt on it"

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hey Girl~
Thanks for coming over to say HI~
I see you figured out how to put the feedjit thing on. Way to go!!!

Talk to you soon~

Blessings,
Georgiann

I wrote you a responce in over on my blog. The post you came to earlier.