Thursday, November 20, 2008

This Should Make You Laugh.....

Yesterday I was cleaning like a housewife gone mad. Raving mad. Washing-ALL-the-woodwork-then-oiling-it-mad. Wood blinds included. No I'm not pregnant ~ for sure ~ this just really needed to be done.

A loud cry comes from the family room, where it seems my daredevil Peanut has been at her high-flying tricks again. This time a couch jumping stunt, off the end of the couch, trying to clear a coffee table onto the carpet. She doesn't make it and hurts her foot and cannot walk the entire day (this happened about 10:30 am). At bed time, she's still not using it and insists it hurts a lot. I figure I'll see how she is in the morning~maybe it's nothing and she'll wake up and, you know, forget about it and it'll be fine, right?

This morning she's using it but hobbling badly and cries when I put on her shoe. Off to pre-school and Bible study we go anyways, and after Bible study to meet with a couple MOPS leaders for a church speech on Sunday. During this meeting, I am also trying to keep an eye on my 2 girls, another boy, and a set of 2-year twins in the nursery at the same time. Yeah right. Peanut gets her fingers slammed in a nursery gate and they're looking pretty bad. It's at this moment that I realize.....it's not going to be a good day.

As my tears are rising, I load the girls in the car and decide to head to the doctors to take a look at Peanut's foot, well and while we're here, I ask the nurse, can the doctor check her cough and her fingers too? Cough is fine, probably just a virus (I could have diagnosed that), fingers are fine (awesome), better get x-rays of her foot (uh, okay).

Across the parking lot to the next building for x-rays with 45 minutes to spare before we have to pick up the boys from school. Will we complete our mission? Not a chance. Abort x-ray mission to get lunch (yes it's now 2:30 and we haven't eaten lunch), pick up school kids, drop off one at his home, to return for x-rays.

Uh oh, diaper is feeling quite full. No I don't have a spare with me or in the car. Ask one of the women at the front desk. Nope. Right then, we get called to the back. Lay Peanut on the table, hold her adorable leg still for 6 photos, while Princess and Pumpkin wait behind the wall eating someone's cashews that were left on the desk. ? Exactly what I was thinking. ?

Back to the waiting area to wait for films and then it happens.....
Peanut has a huge movement in her diaper.....and it's leaking through her pants. Super. Into the car with screaming stinking 2-year old and the others in tow, drive up the street to Walgreens for diapers, wipes, possibly pants, snacks, and drinks for the rest of goodness knows how long we'll be before we complete this mission. Into the bathroom with unpurchased products, but wait, there's no Diaper Depot. Who doesn't have those? These days they're even in men's rooms! Seriously?

So, I cart over to the pharmacy corner, take off my sweater, lay Peanut ON THE FLOOR and proceed to change her messy diaper right there in Walgreens. Sweating, gagging, sanitize my hands of course, purchase everything, and back to the x-ray office.

The end of the story is mission accomplished without any injury. She's fine.

P.S. While I was in Walgreens, a friend called and asked me how I was doing, and as I proceeded to tell her this story, she succumed to hysterics. It really is funny when I say it out loud.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok that was stinking HILARIOUS!! Oh thank you for sharing that story! I am dying laughing!! And so glad that your little peanut wasn't hurt :)

the millers said...

that is so funny...

im laughing out loud...

thanks for the entertainment...

sarah said...

Oh my Stars of mercy! that is so funny. You should send it to readers digest!
the thanksgiving books are altered notebooks. They were in the $ bin at Michaels.

Kristina said...

So glad I could provide entertainment for you all! :)

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hey Kristina~

God surely likes to test our paicence (sp?) doesn't he?

I have had many,many a days that went the way yours did. Those times have slowed down some what...they don't happen as often.

All we can do is laugh and enjoy the ride! And PRAY! LOL

Peace inChrist,
Georgiann