Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving Wrap-Up

Thanksgiving was spent with our families, which is such a blessing. I have a hard time imagining people who don't have family around, especially during the holidays. God has most certainly richly blessed us in that aspect of our lives. But this year, we mixed it up a bit. . . . .

We had breakfast with my family, which would have turned out to be much better time spent had we ourselves not run out of propane. Taking showers at her house consumed most of our time, we ate a delicious breakfast, then they headed out to do a service project, while we went home to put our kids down for naps. . . . .

BREAKFAST EVERYONE!

Then we were off to my sister-in-laws home for dinner. Thanksgiving is always at my mother-in-laws, same time, same food, same company, so I can't lie -- it was different. Not in a bad way, just different.

Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law making REAL whipped cream!
The Thanksgiving journal was presented to both families but didn't seem to go over too well, (although the entry from my husband's parents made me cry). Maybe I didn't present it right or give everyone enough time, but I'll bring it out next year and the next and the next, and we'll gather some memories for prosperity along the way. . . . .

1 comment:

the millers said...

your dad looks good... hasnt aged at all... tell them please hello for me and merry CHRISTmas...

thanks
mark