Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Garden Harvest!

















So I lied and didn't take more photos of my garden. I just couldn't do it....the weeds are taller than my children. But we have been eating (and canning) so much yummy food! Yes I said canning....that's a little pat on the back for me. Sorry....spicy pickled green beans, pickles, pickled beets, and jams so far.
My mother-in-law said it perfectly when she came over one night. She said she did her time canning but she had to take a peek at my pantry, because she knows how proud you are when you open that door and see all those beautiful jars. Thankx, mom!

I've also spent many hours baking zucchini bread. Look at these giant zucchini! That was just 3 of the 5 giant ones we came home to from being gone camping over the weekend. The sight of my children carrying those humongous things was too funny.
Maybe we should enter them at the fair.....the zucchini not the children.

2 comments:

The Owens said...

Sure you could enter the kids too!! LOL :) Those are HUGE zucchini - holy cow!! I think you should take a picture of your pantry for all of us to see all your hard work... Good job on all of your hard work!

Lyon Family Blog said...

I would love to see a picture of your canning:) Canning is on my list of things I want to learn! Miss you girl!-
Tara