Sunday, June 7, 2009

Deep Thoughts by Little Ones. . . .

My children quite often surprise me by their deep thoughts and questions. Here is the conversation between the girls in the car on the way to Bible study Thursday morning:


Peanut (she's almost 3 years old): When we get to heaven, we get to see Charolette and God. (Charolette was our cat.)


Princess: And Grandpa Parker. I miss Grandpa Parker.


Me: Speechless with instant tears in my eyes. . . . There's just nothing better than that--faith of a child.


Mark 10:13-15
13. People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

3 comments:

Heather Landry said...

My daughter keeps talking about going to heaven to visit her Aunt's dog that passed away. You are right, there's something so powerful about the faith of a child.

Fruitful Harvest said...

Kids are funny when they try to think things out!

Jackie (now 4) asked me a few months ago....

Jackie: How does God make us?

ME: Beautiful! He makes us all special just the way He wants us and we are ALL beautiful!

Jackie: No mom....I mean how does he get ours arms and legs to stay on?
Does He use glue or something? You know!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All I could do is laugh! And try to give her a simple answer to a complicated question!

Lyon Family Blog said...

Hi Kristina! We've connected:) It has been way too long! I can't believe how big your kids are. They are adorable. I see you in them!
Jut and I were having Otter Pops the other night and I told him how you and I would eat these while we watched Ad. in Babysitting over and over and over.